Saturday 11 November 2017

A Beautiful Day

It was in the month of September. It was a beautiful day. ☺

I remember waking up just like every other day, just that there were no worries, no bad thoughts; my demons hadn't woken up yet. I got ready for school, went down the stairs and was waiting for the pool car. As the car came, I hopped in, took my book out and started reading. Outside the window was the everyday scenery of the flats and trees and roads; inside I was engrossed in the world of 'The Oleander Girl' by Chitra Banerjee Devakaruni.

After few minutes of reading I glanced out the window. Though it was the same view that I see five to six days a week, it was different; different from the other days. It felt so fresh. I closed the book and started absorbing the morning's glory. The wind so gentle yet bold, the amber-like sunshine so warm and gleaming. As if even the trees had put on a new and greener attire!



As soon as I entered the school premises, I started observing every person and everything from a different aspect. I was feeling positive. One by one my friends came too, and the daily mandatory gossip began; but my mind was somewhere else. I don't know why I was feeling so blessed: blessed to have the things I had, blessed to be alive, blessed to have my family, friends and foes. As soon as I saw my dear friend Shreya, I told her how glad I was feeling. There were no worries, everything seemed to fall in place. I wondered if only this could go on forever and if only I could carry this feeling to the grave, but no. I knew this was only temporary: yet I felt contended.I don't know what made me feel that way- but whatever it was, it was heavenly. My mind felt at peace.

That day I realised that happiness lies in one's mind. It was just a normal day yet it was special. I stopped feeling that way after a few hours but when I look back upon that morning I feel better.
I shall take time to forget that morning; that wonderful start to an ordinary day.

It was a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment