Monday 25 February 2019

A Tinkle

A tinkle of the dream catcher, sunlight breaking in through the meshes of its croquet work; the wind turning the pages of the book I was reading. 
A tinkle of the windchime, wind gliding in through the window; a fresh breath.
Breathe. Breathe in, breathe out. Repeat. Slowly, no hurry; you'll make it till the end. 

That is how I need to talk to myself to calm down my thoughts. 

It is not easy, controlling your mind when you're always in a dilemma. Are you thinking or are you overthinking? Are you wondering about something or just procrastinating? Are you planning your future or just tricking yourself into believing something that's probably not going to happen? Being an overthinker in a busy world can be tough. Sometimes you don't even know whether it is actually a problem or it's just the fancies of your mind. Sometimes, you have no idea about what you are thinking about, but somehow, you are worried. No, it does not take words from someone else to trouble you; your mind does that well enough. While being imaginative is your boon, being an overthinker is its evil counterpart.

It takes just a tinkle of an anklet to make me happy and just a tinkle of my thoughts to make me anxious.

Shot a glance at the sky, a beautiful blue it was. A scenery. 

I was just visiting this place, in my mind.

And that's when I heard it.

A tinkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment