Friday 12 March 2021

A Soliloquy

A cry for help went unnoticed, uncared for, ignored. 
Parted lips, but no words came out. 
Craved silence inside, but it was right in front of me.
Unspoken words screamed.
Yes, silence is loud.
Unknown breaths can feel surprisingly warm.

I think I have had more conversations with myself than I have ever had with anyone else. My high school teachers were right, I do talk a lot. Spending time with myself is easy for me but lately hasn't been. Sometimes I behave like I'm doing a soliloquy in some movie, or book; my eyes become the camera's frame. The world of imagination and aesthetics pulls me to be a romantic. They say, one shouldn't dwell on sadness or brood for too long; well then how long before we get pulled right into that whirlpool from where there is no return?
Floating on the surface of the sea, as blue as lapis lazuli, the cold water feeling like a chill cushion on the back of the head, I can feel the sunrays on my face. Calm, and just in time. If I could be so right now, I would chose to drown. For everything means so little now.
It is strange how lonely it can feel in the absence of someone even though so many others could be listening to you.

For, even if I had the world to talk to, maybe I would still choose
A Soliloquy.

No comments:

Post a Comment